2018 Baptist Retirement Homes Foundation Highlights
As a result of the wonderful support that the Baptist Retirement Homes Foundation received from its friends across the state and region in 2018, it was able to touch the lives of countless numbers of North Carolina Older Adults via direct financial assistance to institutionalized Seniors for care in a post acute setting and community based programming that provided supervised care and socialization in a non-institutional setting, nutrition assistance, and assistance with such essentials as the purchase of needed medications.
During 2018 the “Foundation” provided:
- Provided more than $3,600,000 to help underwrite the cost of providing care to North Carolina Older Adults who could not afford to pay for the quality institutional services that they both needed and deserved.
- Provided financial assistance to the CARE and ARC organizations, not for profit adult day respite programs in Albemarle and Smithfield and the Seniors who participated in that programming.
- Provided financial assistance to Older Adults with limited financial resources to help them purchase needed medications via the “Medicine From the Heart” program.
- Underwrote financially the Fellowship-To-Go program, a state-wide church based nutrition program for homebound Older Adults.
- Provided financial assistance to the Cleveland County Potato Project, a community based not for profit organization in Cleveland County that, with the help of volunteers, grows potatoes for distribution to the “Poor Elderly” of that area of the state to assist with their nutrition needs.
- Provided financial assistance to selected youth groups in local churches for music programming with homebound Older Adults with dementia.
For more information concerning the Baptist Retirement Homes Foundation, contact Bill Stillerman at firstname.lastname@example.org.